History of the Club
The club was formed in 1908 when a group of, mainly, businessmen agreed to pay an annual subscription of 5/- (that’s 25p in today’s money!) to form a bowling club. They were able to rent some land at Gyllyngdune Gardens, and purchased two sets of bowls for £2.2s
Later the same year, they were offered a five year lease by the Recreation Ground Company - now Falmouth Rugby Club, our next door neighbours. Over £500 was spent putting the green in order and a further £16 spent building a clubhouse/shelter.
In 1933, the club purchased the freehold of the site, but it was not until 1951 that a full sized green was established. In 1974 the clubhouse was rebuilt and opened by David Bryant, and in 1985 a new lower hall was constructed.
Ladies were finally allowed in as full members in 1960.After rejecting a plan to build an indoor bowling hall, part of the land was sold off for housing and in 1997 Lottery funding was granted to convert the grass green into an all-weather artificial surface.
1969 Southern Division Champions
2018 Presidents Day